Please note that we will send you terms and a booking form to sign when you book
1. The booking refers to Au Berg, its garden and swimming pool (the property) which
is offered for holiday rental subject to confirmation by the Owners. The rental includes
the use of the property, the swimming pool and garden for the agreed period. Water,
and electricity costs are included in the rental charge for rental periods between
May and October, but electricity is charged extra to the rental amounts advertised
at other times of the year. Heating costs will be calculated from meter readings
taken at the beginning and end of the rental period and deducted from the security
deposit. Bed linen and house towels are provided. Final cleaning and laundry are
included in the price.
2. A confirmation of the booking will be sent to the Renter (the person(s) named
on the booking form) on receipt of a completed booking form and a 25% deposit. If
a booking is made within 6 weeks of the arrival date then the full price plus security
deposit of €300 is required at the time of booking.
3. A security deposit (bond) of €300 along with the balance of the rental is required
not less than 6 weeks before the arrival date. The deposit will be refunded as soon
as possible (usually within 14 days) after the end of the end of the rental period.
Deductions will be made in the event of losses, damage to the property or furnishings
or the need for additional cleaning and/or laundering and heating costs. The sum
reserved by this clause shall not limit the Renter’s liability to the Owner.
4. Instructions for arrival at the property and information concerning your stay
will be provided with the confirmation. Guests should arrive after 16:00.
5. Departure is to be by 10:00 to allow time for the house to be prepared for the
next guests. The property will be clean and tidy on arrival and guests are responsible
for leaving it in a similar condition on departure. All rubbish, bottles etc must
be cleared before departure. A charge will be made for additional cleaning if necessary.
6. Smoking is not allowed in the house under any circumstances. Smokers may smoke
outside the house providing all traces of smoking material are removed before departure.
7. Under no circumstances may more than the number of people detailed in the booking
form stay in the house without prior agreement with the owners.
8. Cancellations: No refunds will be made in the event of a cancellation by the renter;
guests should take out suitable holiday insurance to cover for this potential loss.
Please note that the use of the property is entirely at the renters’ own risk. The
renters should ensure that they are adequately insured in the event of accident,
injury, loss of property personal injury etc. In the event of the owner being unable
to provide the property after a booking has been confirmed, the Renter will be offered
the choice of an alternative date or a full refund. No subsequent loss or liability
can be accepted.
9. The Owner shall not be liable to the Renter: for any temporary defect or stoppage
in the supply of public services to the Property, nor in respect of any equipment,
plant, machinery or appliance in the property, garden or swimming pool; for any loss,
damage or injury, which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes
or other matters beyond the control of the Owner; for any loss, damage or inconvenience
caused to or suffered by the renter. If the property shall be destroyed or substantially
damaged before the start of the rental period, the Owner shall, within seven days
of notification to the Renter, refund to the Renter all sums previously paid in respect
of the rental period. No subsequent loss or liability can be accepted.
10. Possible problems: If problems with the property arise during the rental period
the owner should be contacted directly by the renter. The owner will act to rectify
any minor problems as soon as possible.
11. Breakages or accidental damage or losses to the property by the renter must be
reported to the owner. The cost of replacements or repairs will be deducted from
the security deposit. Anything found broken or damaged on arrival at the house should
be noted to avoid any problems in assigning responsibility.
12. The swimming pool is fitted with an electronic safety alarm which is activated
automatically via a loud siren. By using this type of alarm it is not necessary to
fence off the pool area. The system complies with current French law. Renters should
take great care when using the pool especially where children are concerned. All
gates to the property must be kept shut at all times. No liability can be accepted
for any accident, loss or personal injury when using the pool or any other part of